5. FDA OKs First Therapy Indicated for Rare Blood Clotting Disorder
Caplacizumab-yhdp (Cablivi, Sanofi) is a targeted treatment designed to inhibit the formation of blood clots in adults with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Read more.
4. Abuse-Deterrent Formulation of OxyContin Linked to Surge in Hepatitis C Infection
Injection drug use has been identified as a predominant risk factor for hepatitis C infection and the opioid epidemic has been suggested as a driver of a recent rise in infections. Read more.
3. HHS Proposal Targets Prescription Drug Rebates in Medicare
The proposed rule aims to encourage drug manufacturers to pass discounts directly to patients and improve transparency in the market. Read more.
2. Emerging Trends That Could Disrupt the Status Quo in Health Care
Blockchain, mobile health, and predictive analytics are just a few areas that could improve patient care and enhance the pharmacy industry. Read more.
1. Specialty Drugs May Drive Higher Out-of-Pocket Costs for Medicare Patients in 2019
Medicare Part D patients can face thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs for a single specialty tier drug. Read more.